WE make disciples who make disciples
At the Woman’s Missionary Union of Texas (WMU of Texas), we are passionate about empowering Christ-followers to radically participate in the mission of God. In partnership with national Woman’s Missionary Union®, we offer mission small groups and approaches, as well as ministries, that enable every member of the church to learn about missions, become involved in missions, and live a missional lifestyle.
The mission of the WMU of Texas is to make disciples who make disciples.
We believe in the restoration of brokenness through Hope in Christ.
- Jesus as Lord and the Bible as the guide for life, ministry, and missions (John 14:6; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Prayer that produces intimacy with God and intercession for others (Colossians 1:9-12; Ephesians 6:18).
- Personal involvement in missions locally and globally (Acts 1:8).
- Ongoing, relevant missions education for all ages and all ethnic groups (Philippians 4:9; 2 Timothy 3:14-15).
- Support of missionaries and their families (1 Corinthians 16:1-2; Philippians 2:25).
- The role of women and girls in God’s plan for the nations (Acts 16:13-14).
Partner with WMU of Texas
We desire is to come alongside your church to provide mentorship, resources, and missions discipleship groups. Through these meaningful missions groups and opportunities, adults, students, children and preschoolers learn about the Biblical mandate for missions, the work of missionaries and Texas Baptists ministries, while developing a personal missions lifestyle.
WMU of Texas shares in the total work of the Baptist General Convention of Texas and seeks to aid, assist, and be helpful to any and all phases of the life of the Convention; however, it designs and directs its own programs, elects its own officers, and employs its own staff. The annual budget for the work of Woman’s Missionary Union of Texas comes from the Mary Hill Davis Offering®.