THANK YOU for giving to the Mary Hill Davis Offering and for your support of missions efforts in Texas. Together we can advance the Gospel in Texas.
START PLANNING TODAY!
This year’s Mary Hill Davis Offering® planning is simple. Begin by gathering your missions team and a calendar. Then schedule a season long, whole-church mission experience. Follow these steps below. Don't forget to download the Churchwide Plans to help you promote the offering.
WATCH THE FEATURED VIDEOS
Catch the vision for your church’s role in Texas missions. You’ll hear from ministry coordinators, missionaries and Christfollowers speaking to the part we all have in helping to further the gospel in Texas.
PLAN FOR THE WEEK OF PRAYER FOR TEXAS MISSIONS
Mark your church calendar for September 9-16, 2018to pray for Texas Baptist missionaries and ministry efforts during the 2018 Week of Prayer. Beginning July 1 you can order your materials to help plan and promote this critical week. You can order online or by phone at 214.828.5150.
SET YOUR CHURCH GOAL
Gather your staff and leaders to pray about the amount your church can give to empower missionaries to do God’s work in Texas.
- $171.00 can support Serve Ministries
- $180.00 can support Advance Missions Equipping
- $560.00 can support Love the Least of These
- $60.00 can support Tell Ministries
Every person in your church has a part to play and together, intent on one purpose we can make Him known.
PLAN A MISSIONARY VISIT
Help church members understand the impact of their praying and giving by hearing directly from a missionary or ministry coordinator. Plan for an in-person visit or video message.
SHARE FROM THE PULPIT
Ignite your church members’ excitement about this year’s giving season and encourage them to pray about how they can join the work. Introduce the offering to your church by showing the videos, announcing the goal, distributing the Because you Give Flyer.
USE THESE HELPFUL RESOURCES
- Use the Bible Study lesson created for this year’s Mary Hill Davis Offering season. It's designed with small groups in mind!
- Decide what products you will need and order them from WMU of Texas. Use theAge-Level Mission Studies with churchwide resources. Additional resources found on the resources page. To order promotional materials like the poster, prayer guides and envelopes, please order online or call WMU of Texas at 214.828.5150.
- Lead others in your church toward resources designed for them.
- Student leader – Challenge your studentsto reach out to the least of least through Texas Missions.
- Children’s leader – Prepare your children for the Mary Hill Davis offering season.
- Preschool leader - Set the foundation forpreschoolers to understand their role in spreading the gospel in Texas.
- Display visual images that bring Texas missions to your members. Use these graphics in bulletins, emails or social media.
- Distribute Week of Prayer prayer guides to those who will commit to daily prayer. Place your Mary Hill Davis postersin high-traffic areas and place your offering envelopes in the pew racks.
pray. give. go.
This is where it all comes together.
"But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted." 1 Peter 2: 9-10 (MSG)
PRAY DURING THE WEEK OF PRAYER FOR TEXAS MISSIONS
There is great power in prayer. Using the prayer guide in your Week of Prayer materials, each member of your church can pray for specific missionaries and ministries sharing the gospel in our state and beyond.
GIVE TO THE MARY HILL DAVIS OFFERING
Together, WMU of Texas and Texas Baptists are able to send your missionaries and provide opportunities for people to hear the gospel and find hope in Christ. The Mary Hill Davis Offering is a vital part of this work–100% of the money collected goes to sending missionaries and sustaining ministry efforts.