Interested in serving on the Women's Build? Join us:
Team 1: October 17-22, 2021
Team 2: October 21-26, 2021
See below or contact us for more information:
WMU of Texas
Phone: (214) 828-5150
Women's Build Project
"Walls, roof, sheetrock, windows, doors, plumbing, electricity, paint, and floors make a house, but it takes more than that to make a home." - Women's Build Participant
On October 17-26, 2021, we will build our 11th home in South Texas! We look forward to a time of reunion with the families served over the years and a time to share hope with the community. Each year, over 30 women volunteers assemble into two teams to build a home for a special family in partnership with Buckner International. These families serve alongside the WMU of Texas teams to build their homes.
All skill levels are needed to successfully complete the home. Consider joining us in Peñitas, Texas this October!
- Cost: $300 per week (scholarships available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Must apply by September 15, 2021, to be included on Team 1 or 2.
Additional questions? Contact us at (214) 828-5150 or by email at email@example.com.
Prefer to pay by check?
Visit the link below to download and mail your completed application to 10325 Brockwood Rd, Dallas, Texas 75238
Virtual Home Build Experience (2020)
For the past nine years, volunteer teams from the Woman’s Missionary Union of Texas (WMU) have traveled to the Rio Grande Valley to build homes for families participating in Buckner Family Hope Center programs.
Although we were not able to work alongside the Santiago family in 2020 due to COVID-19, we were able to arrange a "virtual" build and celebration.
Visit the links below to watch the home build videos, the opening and closing Women's Build ceremonies, and a beautiful celebration video from Buckner International.
Each home build is made possible through your gifts to the Mary Hill Davis Offering. Thank you for supporting Texas missions!
Will you join us in prayer?
The house is not the reason we go to build. We go because of our love for God and our love for our neighbors. We go as storytellers of God's grace in our own lives and how Jesus makes all the difference. We go as disciples who want to make disciples. We are in need of your prayers.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will be at work in each person to transform us more and more into the image of Christ.
- Ask God to draw the family, into a personal relationship with His Son.
- Pray for humility for each team member that we will be learners and eager to serve in any way we are asked. We've been asked to leave our bossiness and whining at home.
- Jesus showed respect and love for the people with whom He interacted. Intercede for the team members that this would be true of us.
- Safety is always a concern on a work site. Pray for protection from accidents and wisdom for each team member to know what she feels comfortable doing.
- The end result of this week is not a house. It is that God's name will be made great. Praise Him for being a God who restores the broken and covers us with His grace and mercy. Give thanks that He allows us to join Him in the work He is doing in Penitas.
Moments from Previous Women's Builds:
"Building relationships. Sharing the love of Jesus. Offering hope. Learning. Teaching. Loving. All of these things describes the WMU of Texas Women's Build. The first house was built in 2011 and we have been honored to build a home for a family every year since." -Becky Ellison, 2017 Participant