CHILDREN'S HUNGER Offering DAY
Join Texas Baptists Children's groups on October 28, 2017 and do your part to LOVE KINDNESS and stop hunger. We are challenging even children's ministry, missions group, and children's Sunday School class to take action on Saturday, October 28th, and help raise awareness about food insecurity in our state.
To help you plan for your special emphasis, take a look at this promotional pack below. This pack contains great mission project ideas, sample worship rally, and bike-out hunger event.
SHARE YOUR STORY
Let us know if your group will participate with us by emailing Liz Encinia at email@example.com or Ali Hearon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our hope is to connect with you and share the story of how your children's group helped to end food insecurity in our state.
DID YOU KNOW?
The combination of hunger and poverty in America often produces food insecurity. Food insecurity is the accepted measure of hunger among a large population. The USDA defines food insecurity as a state in which “consistent access to adequate food is limited by a lack of money and other resources at times during the year.
- 1 in 5 families in TX experience food insecurity.
- 20% of Texans over 60 years old are marginally food insecure.
- Over 1.8 million kids were food insecure in 2013; that is more than a quarter of all Texas kids.
Ideas for collecting the offering:
- Bread baskets- Have bread baskets full of bread at the front and then pass out bread baskets to collect the offering.
- Print off the world map and bring the offering to the front and place it on different countries or print off the TBHO map with all points that show where the money goes and place it on different countries!
Children who participate in the Children's Hunger Day have the opportunity to earn a badge/patch.
Each badge is $2.00 ORDER HERE>
We are using a 1 for 1 approach. With every badge you purchase, you will give $1 to the TB Hunger Offering!