Missionaries' No. 1 need is for prayer support – focused, continuous prayers not only for themselves but for the people to whom they bring the love of Christ.
RESOURCES FOR THE WEEK OF PRAYER
To help churches know how to pray strategically, why to give sacrificially and how to come alongside missionaries to reach the lost, WMU of Texas, IMB, and NAMB highlight representative families, individuals, ministries and their people groups during the three annual weeks of prayer;
Mary Hill Davis Offering and Week of Prayer for Texas Missions
- This offering and week of prayer is developed by the Woman's Missionary Union of Texas
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and Week of Prayer for International Mission
- This offering and week of prayer is developed by the International Mission Board, SBC
Annie Armstrong Easter Offering and Week of Prayer for North American Missions
- This offering and week of prayer is developed by the North American Mission Board, SBC
Whether you are leading an entire congregation or a group of children, your role is critical. We want to help you teach, inform, and inspire. Various promotional resources and suggestions are available for each offering including opportunities for churches to be on missions.
Each week of prayer provides stories that illustrate how we are united as we join God in His work. when you pray and give, you support those who extend your outreach from your church to those without Christ. You become apart of God's story in Texas, North America and around the world!
Each church will receive a media or promotional kit, about two months in advance, that includes a planning guide for the pastors and missions leader with videos on a DVD, suggested timelines for planning and promoting, ministries stories for specific audiences, clip art and other resources.
WHAT OTHER MATERIALS CAN I FIND ONLINE?
Each offering provides various additional materials not found in the promotional kit. These resources may include clip art, graphics, Children's videos, PowerPoint backgrounds, ads for a bulletin, Facebook graphics and much more. Please visit each Offering website to learn more about additional offering materials as they become available.
Mary Hill Davis Offering for Texas Missions®
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions®
Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North American Missions®
WHAT MATERIALS CAN I ORDER FOR MY CONGREGATION?
Your church can order FREE materials for each offering. These FREE resources include posters, prayer guides and offering envelopes.
WMU of Texas has changed the process for ordering the Week of Prayer resources beginning in 2014.
The reason for the change is to ensure that churches receive the correct amount of material they need and that the material is sent directly to the person that oversees promoting the offerings in the church.
In the new process, each church or WMU director will be asked to submit separate orders for each special missions offering every year.
Please save these dates and submit your order on the suggested date:
Mary Hill Davis Offering | July 1
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering | October 1
Annie Armstrong Easter Offering | January 1
WHERE DO I PLACE MY ORDER ONLINE?
You can also go directly to the following link to place your order:
Click here: https://my.wmutx.org
- Click on the tab for which Offering Materials you would like to order, Mary Hill Davis, Annie Armstrong or Lottie Moon.
- Once your offering selection has been made you will be given the option to add promotional items and quantities to your cart then proceed to check out. All material is free of charge.
- Please enter the name of the person who will be overseeing the offering promotion and the mailing address where materials are to be received. This can be either a church or home address.
- WMU of Texas believes that this process will be most effective to ensure each church receives the quantity of material they need.
- Please be sure to submit your order form for your material at least ten (10) weeks prior to the offering to ensure you will receive your material with plenty of time to plan.
CAN I MAIL IN MY ORDER FORM?
Yes, you can mail in your order form via postal mail.
Please download the form below and mail to:
WMU of Texas
Attn: Week of Prayer
10325 Brockwood Road
Dallas, TX 75238
NEED HELP PLACING YOUR ORDER?
WMU of Texas staff is ready to assist you to make this transition as smooth as possible. If you have questions or have trouble placing an order, please call us at (214) 828-5150.