Teaching youth girls of God's missions message is a joy because you can teach them of the heart of God. Investing in the next generation of missional leaders is not only a privilege, but also a gift. It has been found that one person with a passion for missions can impact an entire group of teenagers.
As you lead teen girls to develop a heart for missions, consider the value of missions awareness and involvement it brings to girls, to families, and to churches.
In Acteens, girls learn
- about Jesus' actions as recorded in Scripture and use them as a model for daily missional living
- engage in missions projects with people of other cultures to share the love of Christ
- express God's love through giving their money, time, and talents
- demonstrate personal commitment and obedience to God as they develop their devotional life through prayer and Bible study.
At WMU of Texas, our goal is to help empower you to be the best leader you can be. If your church already has Acteens and you need either leadership training or just some advice to help your group grow, please feel free to give us a call. We have a missional lifestyle strategist waiting to hear from you! Call us at 214-828-5150.
Fresh out of ideas? Take a look at the the ideas below to help you strengthen ministry impact with your teens. These ideas can be customized for any group.
- Purses for the Homeless
- Women Helping Women: Pad Project
For more ideas...
Every youth leader needs continual education and resources to help you lead teenagers at the best of your ability. Check out these resources below to strengthen your leadership skills and learn more about investing in your teenagers. The resources below are from trusted sources and wonderful partners in ministry.
- Develop: WMU's new online and on-demand leadership training! Please visit Christian Leader Training for more information.
- emPower Surge: Regional One-Day Training or New Age-Level leaders. Organization Training determined by training need.
- One-on-One Training: Upon request. Training provided by state office and/or regional trainers.
Learning the Basics
So You're The New Acteens Leader
Becoming a Trainer
Disciple6 Curriculum by SWBTS
WMU in your local association can help in associational WMU training events and ministries within your area of the state. Contact your area association office for the name of the associational age-level missions leader or associational WMU director who serves as a contact person for age-level leaders.
Go to Texas Baptist Associations for contact information for your local association.
The Student's Resource Team at national WMU is your resource for information about youth missions education. In developing student curriculum and materials, providing consultations, and developing training.
For additional resources, ideas and missions opportunities go to www.wmu.com/students.
They provide a complete listing of Acteens curriculum and student's products found in the WMU Materials Catalog and online bookstore www.wmustore.com .
Need To Order Materials?
To order materials for Girls in Action® please visit National WMU's web store at www.wmustore.com or call customer service at 1 (800) 968-7301.
You can search their website by age-level organization or by WMU® category.
Please note that your order will be coming from National WMU® in Birmingham, Alabama.